Ingredients - base
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Serves: 6-8 slices
- 200g FG Roberts Gluten Free Self-Raising Flour
- 40g FG Roberts Soy Compound
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- 2 eggs
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla
- 1 cup (approx. 3) mashed bananas
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 50-60ml water
Ingredients - icing
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp melted margarine
- Lemon juice (enough to make a spreadable consistency)
Method - base
- Set oven to 170°C. Grease and line loaf tin.
- Sift twice the flour, soy compound and xanthan gum.
- Beat eggs until thick and creamy. Beat in caster sugar.
- Add vanilla and the banana combined with the lemon juice.
- Fold in sifted flour alternately with water. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for 40-50 minutes. Cover top with foil if browning too quickly.
- Remove from oven when tester comes out clean and cake starts to come away from the sides of the tin.
- Cool in tin 5 minutes before turning out on to a wire rack to cool.
Method - icing
- Combine all ingredients until smooth and the desired consistency is reached.
- Decorate with walnuts, pecans or dried banana pieces if desired.
Serve with warm custard