Blueberry & Buttermilk Muffins
- 375g F.G. Roberts muffin mix
- 150g caster sugar, or to taste
- 125ml vegetable oil
- 300ml buttermilk (or 150ml milk combined with 150ml yoghurt) – Add a little extra if required
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Small amount of granulated brown sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat over to 180C.
- Place muffin mix, cinnamon and sugar in a bowl.
- Place oil, buttermilk (or milk & yoghurt), egg and vanilla in a separate bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Add the blueberries and mix. Add a little extra milk if required.
- Line a 6 or 12 hole muffin tin with baking paper or patty cases and spoon mix into these.
- Lightly sprinkle tops of muffins with brown sugar.
- Bake for 30-40mins or until tops are golden. You can test with a skewer.
- Remove from tin and allow to cool.