Carrot and Walnut Cake
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Serves: 8-12 slices
- 180g FG Roberts Gluten Free Self-Raising Flour
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- 1½ tsp mixed spice
- 3 eggs (70g)
- ¾ (185g) cup raw sugar
- 5 Tbs (100mls) light olive oil
- 1 Tbs golden syrup
- 1 cup firmly packed (150g) grated carrot
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Grease and line the base of a 9cm x 18cm loaf tin. Pre- heat oven to 170°C (340°F)
- Twice-sift the flour, xanthan gum and mixed spice into a bowl.
- In another bowl combine the eggs, sugar, oil and golden syrup.
- Stir this wet mixture through the dry ingredients, add walnuts and grated carrot and stir gently to combine.
- Spoon mixture evenly into a base lined and greased 9cm x 18cm loaf tin.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until cooked. Ice with lemon icing if desired.
Add sultanas that have been soaked in orange juice or use pecan nuts instead of walnuts