‘Choc No Nuts’ Cake
Ingredients for cake
- 225g F.G. Roberts Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp/5ml bicarbonate of soda
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 35g cocoa
- 30g F.G. Roberts ‘Choc No Nuts’ spread
- 30g softened butter
- 250ml cream or yoghurt
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 2 Eggs
Ingredients for ‘Choc No Nuts’ frosting
- 60g F.G. Roberts ‘Choc No Nuts’ spread
- 100g icing sugar
- 30g cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- 3-5 tbsp milk or water (a little extra if required)
- Plain ‘Choc No Nuts’ Spread
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Grease a 21cm cake tin.
- Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda and cocoa into a bowl.
- Lightly whisk eggs with a fork and gradually add eggs and remaining ingredients to mix.
- Beat on low speed until smooth and mixture changes colour.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30-40mins.
- Stand 5-10 minutes before turning out onto wire rack to cool.
- Drizzle cooled cake with plain ‘Choc No Nuts’ spread or halve cake and fill and top with ‘Choc No Nuts’ Frosting.