Choc Ripple Biscuits
- 140g F.G. Roberts Chix Mix - Cookie Mix
- 25g dark cocoa
- 60g butter (or replace with 60g veg spread or 60ml veg oil if preferable)
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1 tbsp boiling water
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
Makes 18-24 depending on size you make
Or you can double the quantity
- Prepare lined baking tray and pre-heat oven to 175C.
- Combine Chix Mix and cocoa in a bowl.
- Melt together butter (or veg spread/oil) and rice malt syrup in a small bowl.
- Combine water and bicarbonate of soda separately, then add this to the butter mixture.
- Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Drop or roll teaspoons size balls of mixture onto tray. Press slightly with two fingers or a fork.
- Bake for 7-10mins. Lightly press biscuit down again if you would like a thinner biscuit.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring.
For an even crunchier choc ripple biscuit, turn oven off completely and leave biscuits in oven for a further 5-10 minutes. Remove when you are satisfied with the texture.
These gluten free replicas are perfect to use for your very own gluten free chocolate ripple cake or slice.