Ingredients - Cake
- 225g F.G Roberts’ Self-Raising flour
- 2 Eggs (59g)
- 140g Caster Sugar
- 60g Butter or margarine (soft)
- 35g Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2 teaspoon Coffee Powder (instant)*
- 1 cup Yoghurt, plain
Ingredients – Coffee Glaze icing
- 1 ½ cups Pure icing Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Butter, soft
- 3 teaspoon Coffee powder, instant
- 2 tablespoon Milk or Water
- Walnuts (optional)
Method - Cake
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Grease 21cm cake tin.
- Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda, sugar, cocoa and coffee into mixer bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat on low speed until smooth and mixture changes colour.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- Stand 5-10 minutes before turning out on to wire rack to cool.
- Drizzle cooled cake with Coffee Glace Icing and decorate with walnuts if desired.
Method – Coffee glaze icing
- Sift icing sugar and coffee. Beat in butter. Add liquid a little at a time until right consistency for drizzling over cake.
* If using a coarse granule coffee, dissolve it in a little hot water and add to the wet ingredients.