Nature’s Meal San Choy Bow
- 200gram Nature’s Meal
- 200ml boiling water
- 2 butter lettuce
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce – add slowly
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
- 1 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 cup bean sprouts, trimmed
- 100g bag fried noodles
- 2 small red chillies, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 cup fresh coriander sprigs, to garnish
- Combine Nature’s Meal and boiling water, mix and set aside for 20 – 30 minutes until all the water has been absorbed.
- Place lettuce into a large bowl and cover with cold water. Place in refrigerator until required.
- Combine hoisin, oyster, and chilli sauces with sesame oil.
- Heat oil in a wok or frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, ginger, and garlic. Stir fry for 2 minutes or until softened. Add Nature’s Meal mince and stir fry for 3 minutes until browned. Add carrot and capsicum. Cover and cook for 2 minutes. Add spring onion and sauces.
- Drain lettuce. Separate leaves and place onto a platter. Fill each with mince mixture. Top with bean sprouts, noodles, chilli and coriander. Serve immediately.
We would recommend drizzling some brandy or brandy syrup over the top whilst it is still warm and continue to soak (or feed it) over time before slicing. That way it will enhance and soak up all the lovely flavours and add some more juiciness to the cak.