Raisin Bread with traditional bread mix
- 330g FG Roberts Traditional Bread mix
- 10g instant yeast
- 450ml warm milk
- 6ml white vinegar
- 6ml melted butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup raisins or dried fruit
- Place the warm milk into a plastic bowl. Sprinkle the yeast over the warm milk, add the oil and vinegar and mix with a fork till the yeast is dissolved (about 1 min).
TIP - Let liquid ingredients sit for a couple of minutes to let the yeast start to work
- Add the dry mix into this liquid. Mix with a sturdy spoon until a smooth dough is formed
- Tip dough onto a very lightly floured board (rice flour is good and doesn’t cause flour dust, but any FG flour is O.K.). Add the raisins/dried fruit and work them in by hand whilst kneading for 1-2 minutes and shape to a smooth ball. Place dough – smoothest side up – into a warm, bread tin. Cover with cling wrap and allow to rise in a warm place till dough more than doubles in size – usually about 60 minutes
- Place into pre-heated oven and bake for 60 minutes at 210degrees (Place a small oven-proof dish of water on base of oven to produce moisture while baking).
- Turn baked loaf out onto cooling rack and allow to cool (1-2 hours) before slicing or eating.