- 220g F.G. Roberts Plain Flour
- 1/4 tsp bicarb soda
- 90g butter or margarine
- 185g sugar
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1-2 tsp good vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk or 'milk'
- Grease and line a loaf tin and preheat oven to 180C fan forced.
- Beat butter or margarine and sugar on high until light and fluffy, gradually adding whisked eggs and vanilla.
- Quickly fold in combined flour and bicarb soda, then mix a little further on medium speed with milk until just smooth and mixed well.
- Using a spatula, empty all mixture into prepared baking tray, smoothing out the top.
- Bake for approx. 40mins or until well risen, just firm and golden.
- Remove from oven, cool for a few minutes in tin, then cool on a wire rack.