Vienna Loaf French toast
- F.G. Roberts Vienna loaf, 2 thick or 4 thin slices
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla (omit if making a savoury version)
- ½ tsp icing sugar (omit if making a savoury version)
- Pinch of salt
- A little butter or oil for frying
- Sliced banana, or any fruit on hand
- Cinnamon for dusting
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Rice malt syrup, maple, honey, ‘No Nuts’ or your preferred topping for drizzling
- Cut 2 thick or 4 thin slices of F.G. Roberts Vienna loaf.
- Add egg, milk, vanilla, icing sugar and salt to a wide bowl and whisk with a fork.
- Heat pan with a little butter or oil.
- Dip bread slices well on both sides in egg mix.
- Add bread to heated pan, turning when browned on bottom side.
- Remove from pan and top with your favourite ingredients.