Walnut Coffee Cookies
- 250gm Bunbury mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 75gm crushed walnut
- 60 gm strong, cold, black coffee (I made espresso)
- 75gm melted butter
- 50gm dark chocolate melts
- 10gm copha
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Mix the Bunbury mix, crushed walnuts, sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl
- Add the cold coffee and melted butter and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Flatten into a rough rectangle, wrap in cling film and chill at least 15 minutes
- Roll out the dough between sheets of baking paper and cut desired shapes.
- Bake on a lined tray for 8-10 minutes until lightly coloured at the edges.
- Cool 5 minutes on the tray and then move to a rack to cool completely.
- Melt the dark chocolate and copha together then drizzle over the cookies.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Notes: Our home baker used a 6cm square cutter for the cookies rolled out to 1/2cm thickness.